DIY Pumpkin Door Decor From Quilt Squares

$3

Every year I always look forward to creating something new for the fall season, which is my favorite time of year.

This fall I thought it would be fun to use some thrifted quilt squares on a pumpkin project.

So here's the lot of 2 inch fabric quilt squares that I found at a thrift store. I don't know how many squares there are in this pile but there's a lot, and tons of different colors and patterns. I found the wooden pumpkin at the dollar store.

I went through the squares and picked out some traditional-looking fall colors and patterns and did a dry fit on the wooden pumpkin.

I set aside the quilt squares in the pattern that I created and went to work gluing them on the pumpkin with DecoArt fabric decoupage medium.

I put glue on the wooden pumpkin and also on the undersides of the squares.

And I just kept going, filling in with the squares. If I felt like changing the pattern as I went I did.

Once all my squares were done I applied 3 top coats of the decouopage medium, letting it dry for a good hour in between.

Once my pumpkin was completely dry I trimmed off the fabric edges with an xacto knife.

Then to finish off the edge of the pumpkin I glued on some jute rope with my glue gun.

And here's my finished quilt square pumpkin with a traditional fall look. It's hanging on the inside of the door in my kitchen. To finish it off I added a simple jute twine bow and I glued a small faux pine cone to it.

This way the bow is neutral and suits both sides of the pumpkin, because I did the other side too... in a completely different pattern and look.

To see what I did on the other side of my pumpkin, and more pics and tips, check out my Repurposed Quilt Square Pumpkin blog post.

Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Everything Red For Canada Day
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Color Me Thrifty