Asked on Nov 5, 2019

How do I maximize space in my home?

Jan ClarkMichelleWilliam
+4

• Pamela

It looks really nice ! What do you need space for ? It doesn't look cluttered !

• Kelli L. Milligan

I agree. Looks great.

• Cynthia H

What isn't working for you? Sometimes it's too much furniture or furniture that isn't the right scale. For me, it's controlling the clutter that seems to occur with remotes, electronics, reading materials, hobbies, etc.

• Johnavallance82

Hi Cynthia,

If it can be hung on the wall do so. If you can hide it under something do so. It will maximise your space but may look more cluttered than it does now. What in particular needs to be accommodated? If you can make everything have another purpose that would also help............

I also agree. It looks great. No clutter. Clear kitchen countertop, lots of closet space, nice dining area, etc. Don't see anything wrong.

• Michelle

Looks no clutter good flow

• Jan Clark

If you've got stuff that has no place to go, usually the answer is think up or down. If you can hang it and not bang your head on it - then that will work. A LOT of stuff can be stored overhead. If it is unsightly, hang a cabinet and hide it. Under-bed storage is great! But you can also often add bins or roller-drawers under tables, too. Do some research and get creative. Narrow shelves can hold a lot of small things without taking over. But also remind yourself that less is more! If you can do without something - then don't buy it. Think minimalist in these situations. "things" don't bring happiness.