Asked on Nov 5, 2019

How can I repair stained tile?

Johnavallance82Courtney |The Kitchen GartenKathy Gunter Law
+1

I spilled the toilet cleaner snow blo on my kitchen tile floor. I've tried everything to get it up but it left ugly grey steaks and splotches all over and nothing brings it up. A Mr clean eraser appeared to get it up but several minutes later it reappeared.

• Mom2K9

Depending on how much you like the current tile and/or the time you have, you could stencil over the tile.

https://www.curbly.com/paint-tile-floor

• Kathy Gunter Law

If it's a stain rather than removal of color:

Lysol Lime & Rust Remover Toilet Bowl cleaner, comes in a black squirt bottle. Scrub with Scrub Daddy or Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

You might even try a scouring stick which is designed to clean toilets.

It worked wonders on my stained bathroom tile.

• My go-to is Norwex's cleaning paste, which is made of ground marble. Good luck!

• Johnavallance82

Hello Tiffany,

Yes, I'm afraid it will for some time as it is made to sink deep into the tile. Maybe when you next try to clean the tiles you smother the stained area with something like Shake and Vac or Baking Soda or Chalk and leave it to try to draw it out that way! Other than that I can only wonder if an Insurance claim could be made!