Asked on Nov 5, 2019

How do I dress casement windows?

Johnavallance82WilliamGk
+1

I have 94” living room window (casement approx 18

“ on either side and window approx 50 in center. How can I dress it.

• Kathy Gunter Law

What is your style preference? You can go simple or elegant. If you have photos, that would be helpful. I lean toward simple, what is now popular as farmhouse style but we have an 1880's build farmhouse which begs for that.

• Gk

I have a window similar to yours. I use grommet top curtains on a rod so I can slide them open and close. My rod extends past the window frame so that when they curtains are open they don't cover the side windows much at all. In the summer I use sheer curtains (I have roll down shades/blinds that I pull down at night). In the winter I add heavier curtains to the sides and leave some sheers in place for the middle.

I have vertical blinds on my living room and kitchen casement windows with an upholstered cornice I made and curtains on the side.

• Johnavallance82

Hi Barbara,

Blinds - Roman or Roller or Venetian, with or without main drapes either side on outside to be able to go right across whole area, or

Full length Nets/Lace/Voile curtains with Drapes set at each end and also between all windows. or

Outside windows fitted with curtain of some sort either Nets or Drapes to line up with smaller centre window., or

Use a coloured Cling film to either the centre or

side windows to make a feature of them. You could also hang Door string curtains to all.

Hope that's of some help to you........