- Cut out circles from the clay using cutter or tart tins
Faux Leather Coasters
Its starting to feel a little chilly over here (here being UK), but nothing to complain about yet. I love the beginning of fall. You can start enjoying all the those typical winter things like, snuggling under a throw to watch TV ( check out my most recent update in my living room), wearing boots and chunky sweaters or enjoying a warm drink at any moment of the day.
Regardless of whether you are a coffee lover or a tea addict, you will certainly enjoy these leather coasters for your drinks. And guess what - these coasters are faux and are made from clay!!
Let me show you how!
- FIMO Leather clay in black and brown
- Rolling pin
- Modelling tools
- Brown Embroidery string and needle
- Craft or kitchen knife
- Round Metal cutter (or tart tin)
- Oven timer
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Cookie Stamp Embosser
- Roll your clay out on a flat surface
- Then do the same with the black clay
- Put the circles together and apply holes around the edges
- Then add letters to your coasters using the embossser
- Finally bake! For details on how to bake this clay to achieve a leather effect - head to my blog here
- Once the coasters are out of the over, thread string through the pre-made holes and knot in place
And there you have it!
Don't these coasters look a little like cookies???
See blog link below for more details and sources for projects
- Fimo clay (amazon)
- Crat knife (amazon)
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go