Asked on Nov 6, 2019

How do I get rid of mice?

Dianacirce70Nan W.FrugalFamilyTimes.com
+3

• Kelli L. Milligan

Tom Kat rat killer

• Russbow

If you can, get a cat. We have 2, and they are both very intense when it comes to mice.

In the garage, I use the victor traps, no bait needed, the large yellow platform is impregnated with an odor to attract them.

Seal every possible place of entry

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

Mix 1 part flour, granulated sugar and baking soda. Place in shallow dish where mice are most likely to find it. You can sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar, chocolate powder or finely chopped nuts to make it more enticing – just add a bit more baking soda to compensate. What happens is when this hits their stomachs the baking soda forms a gas which rupture their stomachs = dead mice.

Or

Soak a rag with ammonia and place in their holes. They’ll leave and never come back.

• Nan W.

Get a cat!!

• Dianacirce70

Please do not poison them! If they get outside and die other animals might eat them and get poisoned.

First go outside and look atyour foundation. Plug and gaps with caulk and holes with steel wool. In the spring you can plant mint and that can help deter them.

Get a live catch trap and check it daily. I take them out on gravel roads and let loose. You can also get or make a water trap if you're not comfortable with releasing live mice. But I'd still suggest dumping them in the country for other animals to eat