Eliscia
Eliscia
  • Rockaway, NJ

Easy DIY Christmas Pillow Covers for Only $6

$6

Hey Y'all!

Tis the Season to get crafty and clever!!! I am all about budget friendly DiY's from decorations to gifts this year! I have so many great, easy diys, coming to you each week! This might be because I'm born in December!! HAHAHA

I prefer Wallmart for all my pillow covers AKA Canvas Bags! They are under $10 and such great quality! I already had a fugly pillow on hand thankfully. Thanks to my husky chewing the corners of it. lol With this little DIY it looks brand new!!!! Winning!!!

Anyhow... here you have it... a simple DIY Canvas (bag) pillow cover under $10... and under 10 minutes to make!! So lets get this party started!!!

Materials:

1. Canvas Christmas Bag (Walmart $5)
  2. No Sew Tape Tapes ($1.95)
  3. Scissors

How to:

1. Lay over pillow you are cutting
  2. Mark with a little room added to where you'll be cutting if need be ( I eye balled mine)
  3. Then cut
  4. Put Pillow into case
  5. Fold in seam line
  6. then tape together

Now you have a Christmas pillow that would of cost you $25.... Now that's a win! Its such a great gift to give with a cozy candle!! Don't you think???? Or a great way to use this affordable DIY pillow cover for your Off Season holiday pillows, to reuse during the now holidays without having to break the bank!!!! Don't you think?

Enjoy and Merry Christmas :)

Measure if need be, I just put my pillow in canvas bag to ensure it will fit! ;)

• Alice

is your throw 'arm knit'? Love your cozy chair! Great holiday pillow.

• Alice

Arm knitting is different than knitting, you can do a search online and learn how, it isn't hard! If we lived close I would love to teach you to knit but if you really want to learn how - find your local yarn shop and talk to the people there, also you can search "learn to knit" and go from there. It is a wonderful skill to know! I honestly can't imagine my life without knitting.

• Sharon

I am not familiar with no sew tape. How does it work? Would Velcro work.

• Eliscia

Yes Velcro would definitely work! You cut to size .. peel it on both ends and it sticks to the fabric together!

• Sharon

How does no sew tape work? Is it permanent? I was thinking about using Velcro so I could use pillows I have then after Christmas remove the cover.

• Lovesunique
      9 hours ago

Velcro is a great idea to change out the pillow for washing the cover or ease in packing cover away.

This is genius. Velcro would work better so the covers can be changed with other holidays and/or seasons.

• Lovesunique
    9 hours ago

That red truck gets around at Christmas time. Love the idea and will look for the bags at Walmart.