How to Make a Closet Into a Recess Wall.

$150

You may have a recess wall in your house, and you may have no idea what to do with it! I can relate, and I decided to once and for all make good use of that space.

I decided to turn this little nook into a small closet space. Up until now we've been stashing guests' coats in another room in our house which is just too far from the entrance, and sadly we don't have a hall tree or something of the like.

For this liitle build I used MDF panels to make the frame, doors, and refining stripes.

This is how the nook looked before I made any changes.

I sketched out all of the measurements and created a template for the arch, so that it'll be easier to make the right shaped frame.

I carefully traced the curve onto a piece of MDF to make the template.

Using that template, I made another smaller one to be used as the door frame arch. Because the wall is concrete, the curve will never be perfect, so I made sure to make the frame template perfectly rounded.

Here I sanded the first curved layer of the template for the arched frame.

I then made a few more layers so that it becomes thick enough for the frame. (60 mils)

I then made 6 pieces (10 mils) of MDF using the same curve as the first piece.

I then put all the pieces together using some screws. This will be waht Iuse to laminate 4 layers of MDF (5 mils) to make the curved piece of the door frame.

I then glued all the 4 layers together!

Once the glue dried, I went ahead and sanded the edges.

Once I finished the curved piece, I got to working on the sides of the frame. Then I attached them to the arch with screws.

Using the same template I cut the two doors, and cut them with the same curve at the top.

I then sanded it all down, and tried to make everything as cohesive as possible.

I then tested the doors on the frame to make sure they were good to go. I secured them with hinges.

I then made the edge banding for the entire frame and doors. I then tested the door again to make sure they open and close well.

Once everything looked good to me, I got to work on the refining stripes that will cover the gaps between the walls and the frame.

For refining strips i make before the side rails and the arched piece at the end to be sure that it fits perfectly on the side stripes.

I then painted it all white, and set it to the wall wit 3 screws for wach side rail.

I added a hanging rod for a finishing touch.

And that's it!!!!

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/vcraftcustomcreations/?hl=it