Damaged and Outdated to WOW!

$30

My DD bought this table years ago when she was a teen and it's traveled the country with her. She's now back in town and needed an update, so the redesign was her birthday present this year. It was fun experimenting with the different elements of the new design. Video posted below...

One of my Blueprint members wanted to know about round brushes, so I did a quick video for her and it shows the before of this table.

I started out with a layered and dry brushed base and then added a distressed clock stencil to the top with another added to the middle from a compass stencil to fill the middle with more design.

Getting creative is the best way to grab attention. Combine designs and styles, and experiment. It's a good way to come up with a great design.

I left the handles that had chipped black paint for effect. I was going for an Old-world look. I topcoated it with CrystaLac in satin.

Even if client's color scheme isn't your cup of tea, it may be perfect for their room. I was hesitant, but one it all came together and I saw it in her room, I had to agree that it was the perfect design for her.

To see more pics and details about the redesign of this table go here >>> Love My DIY Home I have a blog and free Facebook group that helps new and experienced flippers grow and perfect their skills along with other helpful things. Go to ValFrania.com for all the deets!

• Chalk Paint  (Annie Sloan)
  • Stencils  (Stencil Revolution)
  • Java Gel  (General Finishes)

Val Frania {Love My DIY Home}