Everything Pretty
Everything Pretty
  • Smithville, OH

DIY Air Fresheners With Essential Oils

$10

These air fresheners are easy to make with beeswax, soy wax, and essential oils. Beeswax air fresheners are popular because they are easy to make. Beeswax is hard so they keep their shape, but it doesn't hold a scent very well. i used soy wax to hold the scent better. These will smell good for several months and up to a year.

You'll need:

1/2 cup beeswax

1/2 cup soy wax

2 teaspoons essential oils

Clamshell molds

Dried spices or mica

Double boiler

String

Chopstick

I used the Right Note Holiday Favorites set. It has 6 scents that are a blend of essential oils and natural fragrance oils.

It has

• Pumpkin Pie
  • Candy Cane
  • Gingerbread
  • Mocha Mint
  • Apple Pie
  • Holiday Biscotti

Start by melting the beeswax and soy wax in a double boiler. I used a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup inside a pan of water. I set the cup on a canning ring so it's not over direct head. Heat until melted.

Carefully remove from heat and add the scent. Stir well. If you want to color them, add mica now.

Pour into the clamshell mold. I filled mine half full. Then I decorated the top with dried spices like anise star, cinnamon sticks, dried citrus peels, and cloves.

Once it just starts to set up, poke a hole in the end with a chopstick. Hold it for about 20 seconds and then it will stand on its own.

Let them cool completely. Then add string so they can hang up.

I used different dried spices and peppermint candies for each scent in the set.

These are ready to give as a gift in the clamshell. It also protects them from getting broken in storage.

I love how these turned out! Be sure to click over to the blog post for tips and which dried spices to use for each scent.

Everything Pretty

• Ally Knox
    Yesterday

I love these!! If I made them in a smaller size, would they work in something like a wax warmer (such as a brand that sounds like fency hehehe)?

• Ally Knox
      Yesterday

Thank you so much! This will be far cheaper (and much more natural!) than the store bought ones 😁

• Paula P
    10 hours ago

Where did you find your clamshell molds? The ones noted in the list of materials only show clamshell molds that have sections.

• C Crow
    Yesterday

Thank you for good ideas, inspiration, and instructions!

• Kara
    15 hours ago

I can smell them already 😁

How many will this recipe make?