Asked on Nov 7, 2019

How do I make walls in the basement using sheets and curtains?

SharonSethMogie
+2

How do I make walls in basement using sheets and curtains?

• Lifestyles Homes

2x2’s are $1.99 for an 8’ piece. Build frames with these and then use a staple gun or hot melt glue to fasten the sheets to the frames.

Or

you could also hang curtain rods made from PVC plumbing pipe & brackets, keeping in mind that mollies will need to be used if you can’t find the studs or joists.

• Morgan McBride

I would hang curtains on a wire!

• Mogie

You could (depending on the size of the room) hang the sheets on shower curtain rods. Just thread the top part of the sheet that has a nice sized hem thru the shower curtain.

• Seth

What you are planning does not meet building codes unless the material meets certain fire and smoke performance criteria and only covers a certain percentage of total wall area. At least be certain the material is certified flame retardant or fire resistant, and you have smoke detectors properly placed and a fire extinguisher handy.

• Sharon

Also if you plan on someone staying down there, its required by law in most cities to have an egress window that someone can get out off incase of a fire..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ6KxmdtqWs