Asked on Nov 8, 2019

How do I screw a piece of PVC to a board?

Robyn GarnerHejeKeith rodgers
+1

I want to make a fishing rod holder and i have a piece of pvc pipe that i am thinking of screwing to 1 board for the rod handle and another board for the tip of the pole. What kind of screw would i use to mount the pvc to a pallet board?

Hi Anita: You need to drill a hole into the PVC pipe. I'd go through both sides, making one hole larger than the other so that you can get a screw driver into the one and the other one smaller for the screw. Use a screw with a point on it, a wood screw with a flat head. stick it into the pipe through the larger hole and screw it into the board through that larger hole. It should to into the pallet board at least twice the thickness of the pipe. Good luck

• Keith rodgers

drill a hole in the front and screw through the back of the pvc into the wood using the hole you already drilled. make sure the hole you drill is slightly bigger than the head of the screw and drill tip

• Heje

There are also outside C brackets that are screwed on either side of the pipe. It will not interfere with the pole and the tip

• Robyn Garner

I agree with Heje to use galvanized steel pipe hangers from the plumbing aisle. Just get the same size diameter as your PVC pipe.

They will be simple to install as you want and won't rust! 😎

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-4-Pack-1-in-to-1-in-dia-Galvanized/1001120472