Irene
Irene
  • Tucson, AZ
Asked on Nov 8, 2019

How do I clean glass shower doors?

BetsyNan W.Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
+2

How can I remove and possibly prevent soap scum build up on glass shower doors?

• Russbow

buy a water softener that regenerates with salt, then squeegee the water off after every shower. Been in this house since 1986, never had to "clean" the shower walls. they stay nice and shiney. PS, I was in the water treatment business for 20 years.

• Martha

Use white car wax after cleaning the water bead off. I have also used shaving cream to clean glass.

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

Soap scum on a glass shower door. In a spray bottle, mix 1 part white vinegar with 1 part grease-fighting dish soap. Spray glass door, and close to allow the solution to set and drip back into the shower. Use a cloth to scrub the surface by hand after about 20-30 minutes, and completely dry it.

• Nan W.

Irene: use a Lime Away-soaked cloth.... you may have to hold it there for a while (wear rubber gloves). Use scrubbie on scum. Then get a squeegee and use it after EVERY shower. No excuses!

Hi Irene: Mix ½ water and ½ vinegar together and put into the spray bottle.

Or

Mix a paste in a small bowl made up of 1 part vinegar and 3 parts baking soda.

Check this site for additional help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saGAHGTSEug

Good luck