Asked on Nov 8, 2019

How can I refinish the inside of an old chipping bathtub?

TrudyWilliamKelli L. Milligan

Is there a good way to refinish the inside surface of an old chipping bathtub? I've seen the "plastic" inserts but they cover the walls too and I have tile walls I don't really cover. The little dab on appliance paint doesn't work either. HELP PLEASE.

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

Yes, they sell the epoxy paint tub kits sold at home depot. Step by step instructions are in the kit. Prep is very important. They make the tub look good and will last long enough to buy you time to save up for a remodel.

• Trudy
    Trudy

I paid a handyman friend to help me use a kit. He is EXTREMELY particular and we followed ALL instructions. It was a PITA. Tub started peeling in about a month.

Then I hired a professional. he did a great job and it held up really well. There aren't many projects I recommend that you should use a professional. Plus, the work is guaranteed.