Asked on Nov 8, 2019

How do I clean mesh drain inserts?

OhiornBetsy"Glen"
+3

I have mesh drain inserts that I clean daily but small particles build up that can't be knocked/rinsed out. I've tried using a toothbrush and that helps some. I'm looking for a way to keep them completely clean or do you recommend a different type of insert? Thank you in advance.

• Cisley

wash them in the dishwasher

• "Glen"

Yes dishwasher is great. I have an extra set so I always have a clean set ready for use. You really don't need to put in dishwasher that often if you keep the inserts rinsed Off.

• Ohiorn

I'm the dishwasher. They are rinsed off after each use but tiny particles stick in the mesh despite rinsing, banging them on a paper towel before rinsing to get stuff out. Thank you though!

Hi Ohiorn: Try soaking them overnight in vinegar. That should get rid of the mineral deposits. Then wash in soap and warm water. That should do it. Good luck

• Ohiorn

Thanks Betsy!