Laser-Cutted Phone Stand

$10

Two months ago we moved to the dorms. The bed is alright, but the nightstand that was given was too high to my taste.

I kept thinking I don't need one, I could just plug my phone and leave it in the closet for the night.

But after two months or so of not reaching to my phone in the morning to turn the alarm off, tripping over the hairdryer line as I go, I made myself a phone stand next to my bed.

Last year I fell in love with Pigma's FB pen brush. Every now and then when I feel fed-up with assignments, I take the brush pen out of the pen holder and scribble something on a piece of paper.

I really liked the way this particular "sweet" text turned out, so I decided to scan it.

Once I edited it in Illustrator, the whole design just popped into my head.

I began by measuring the distance from the bed frame to the wall, and the top of the bed frame,

My husband helped me with the design, in order to make it both robust and smooth, at the same time. 

We made a U shape handles with support from underneath where you "slide" the shelf into position and "klick" it to the support below.

Then, I went to the laser cutting machine and uploaded our design to it. I used 3mm birchwood for this design.

From the moment I pressed the "cut" button on the computer until the moment it was done, less than 2 minutes have passed (including the engraving of the text)!

It looked totally different in "real-life" than on the computer screen, I was a bit worried that nothing will fit.

I rushed back home to show my husband how our cool design turned out.

We started assembling it, "sliding" the shelf in position,

The tolerance was perfect, the "click" that came out once we placed it, was so satisfying! We measured and calculated everything perfectly!

I added a little bit of colour, with my orange sharpie pen and my black Pigma FB. 

It fits perfectly to the bed frame! 

With the cables in position.

The white cable is the phone charger and the black one is my hairdryer. 

All done!

Figma FB brush pen

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4e34wrgSxG/