Angie Burk
Angie Burk
  • Mountain View, CA
Asked on Nov 10, 2019

Can you help me identify these plants?

Jennifer ChaseJ BrownRobyn Garner
+6

I have been given several plants over the past few years and I have no clue what they are. I’m not even sure I’m caring for them the right way. Plz help me.

Plant 1

Close up of plant 1

Plant 2

Plant 3

Plant 4

And plant 5

• Tom Stuart

These are palm trees, I’m not sure which species. They look healthy. Water them regularly but make sure they drain and don’t stand in water.

• Joanie

#5: Scheffalara, (umbrella plant), #2: Draecana, (2 pictures), the small one next to it is a Prayer plant.....the top ones are Palm plants. There are all different species. All these plants are easy to care for. Good Light,NOT full sun, water after you test soil. Put finger way down in soil, if dry.....water them. You will get on a schedule with all of them. The one with the red in it I believe is a lipstick plant. I will get back to you. I am a plant lover of 40 plus plants in my house. A forest or a a jungle. All kinds for 50 yrs. I love them! ;))

• KAREN

#5 rhodedem

#3hibiscus

• JD

I think the large one is a fox tail palm.

• Robyn Garner

The one w/ red on the leaf edges is a Ti plant.

The one w/ red flowers is an anthurium.

The last one is sheflera.

The first is a palm fern.

• J Brown

plant 1 definitely a palm pretty sure it is bamboo palm

2 & 3 agree are draecanas 4th is anthurium ( I never have any luck with them) and the last is a sheffera

Enjoy them

• Jennifer Chase

Most house plants are water if the first inch of soil is dry... not any other time. House plants are EASY to over water. Of course, I occassionally almost kill my spider plant by not watering it too. My mother-in-law always tells me "pick a day a week and go stick your finger into all the pots and water any pots that are dry to the knuckle". Other than that, south facing windows whenever possible, don't put them over heat ducts, and divide or pot into bigger pots when things get too big. That is the rule of thumb for literally all house plants... OH and never fertilize in the winter if you keep your house cooler than 80 degrees (F).