Asked on Nov 10, 2019

How can I clean a candle jar?

Shirley KalinoskyRenee BrownR Walter
+6

The candle in the glass container has burnt down and has candle wax left in the jar and is black. How do I clean it?

• JD

Put in the microwave and watch carefully until the wax melts enough to slide out . Then wipe clean with a paper towel.

• R Walter

Be careful about putting candles in a microwave. They may have a metal tab holding the wick and it will destroy your microwave. You can place it in a pot of hot water to melt the wax and then carefully pour out the wax in a separate container and wipe the original with a paper towel to remove residue, then wash. Remember the container will be hot, use caution.

• Renee Brown

I put them in the freezer overnight. Then chip out the pieces easily. No wiping needed.

• Shirley Kalinosky

Yes, put it in the freezer. You can chip it with a fork and when the come out the jar will still be black and you can now wash it with some spray like 409 or something like that and wipe it clean.