Tara Boettger
Tara Boettger
  • Pleasant Valley, NY

Office Accent Wall and Work Station

$150

A beautiful but functional impact in my home office.

I found these 2 brand new base cabinets on the Facebook Marketplace for a steal at $50. I knew I had to have them even though I didn't know what I wanted to do with them yet.

When I got home I just put them in my office to get them out of the way and then realized they would be great in there!

I didn't care for the color so I painted them a dark blue/gray with Benjamin Moore Advanced Paint.

I separated them on the back wall each one in a corner.

I then went to Lowe's and purchased 2 - 1x12s to fit on top of the base cabinets. This was going to be the perfect work station and awesome storage.

But I knew it needed something.

I found this awesome removable wallpaper that would look great with the color of the cabinets.

I installed it and added some shelves from wood I already had and hung them.

I just think it turned out so awesome. I created an accent wall with impact as well as great storage underneath. Something my office didn't really have in the first place.

Tara Boettger

• Heje

Did the cord fit between the wall and the top of the cabinets or did you have to cut out a notch?

• Shawnda A. Pauig

I love it!! This has SO many possibilities! Desk, make up bureau, craft area, sewing cabinet, gift wrapping table! I could go on and on..... my question is where did you find that wallpaper?

• Rachel Carson

Loved it you did a great job. I think that I would of put cork behind the wallpaper so that I could use it as a note board.

• Maureen

Very creative use of 2 base cabinets.

I love the wallpaper and the finished look. Thank you for sharing ❤️

• Margie Hood

OH I just absolutely love it it Tara!!