Fiberartsy
Fiberartsy
  • Crestwood, KY

How to Make a DIY Christmas Wreath With Ball Ornaments

$15

A FiberArtsy.com Tutorial

(Full step by step instructions can be found at the link below)

Learn how to make a gorgeous Christmas Wreath with colorful Ball Ornaments.

Last year, while wandering around Michaels craft store, I found tubes of colorful shatterproof glass-like ball ornaments. These ornaments came in a variety of color combinations, textures and sizes from small opaque globes to large, transparent balls . Some of the ornaments are shiny while others are sparkly and glittery. Perfect for a DIY Christmas Wreath.

And, I absolutely love that the ornaments are shatterproof and non-breakable. If you have little children running around your house, you won’t have to worry the ornaments breaking.

SUPPLIES NEEDED:

• Wire Wreath Form
  • Shatterproof Ball Ornaments
  • Craft Wire
  • Wire Cutters
  • Glue Gun

Before you begin your wreath, take a quick look at the hangers on the ornaments. Some of mine were very loose and came out easily. If you find some of those, go ahead and hot glue them into place.

To begin your DIY Christmas Wreath, you’ll first want to cut a bunch of wire pieces, about 7-8″ long and then bend the wires in half. 

Now, take one of the folded wires and thread 3 ornaments through their hangers. Twist the wire 2 or 3 times to secure them.

Take that cluster of ornaments and secure it to the wreath frame by wrapping the wire around it tightly.

Now, just repeat making clusters and attaching them to the frame until the entire front and side of the form is covered with ornaments. 

Now that you have completed your DIY Christmas Wreath, the only thing left to do is hang your wreath. You can add a pretty ribbon or simply hang the wreath by itself on a wreath hook or hanger.

This wreath is not just for Christmas or the Holidays. Change it up for the Seasons with white and pink ball ornaments for a Valentine’s Wreath or pastel colors for Easter.

Heck, the supplies are so inexpensive, you can make a bunch of ornament wreaths. I keep mine up all year long!

Enjoy!

Annette

FiberArtsy

Get the full step by step instructions at FiberArtsy.com (link below).

Fiberartsy

• Erin Lynn Basso

Approximately how many ornaments used and how large is the wreath form? I love this project and I want to get started ASAP. Thank you for the info.

• Tona

What gauge is the craft wire that you used in this project? I would love to do this and I have all the supplies without even going shopping, lol. I love this idea, I hope mine turns out as good as yours when I'm done.

• Celia forth
    7 hours ago

I have wire coat hangers, do you think I could possibly use 3? I was thinking of wiring them together. Hoping to get the same effect.

• Fiberartsy
      5 hours ago

Probably so! If you could wire them together somehow to give the frame more stability?

• Dona

I've always wanted to make a red, white and blue one for the patriotic holidays! Buy the ornaments now, make later!! And colors! Think of the colors you could do! Oh thank you so much for this! I've had the idea for years!! Dona

• Fiberartsy

Now's the time to get them! I'm thinking of a lime green, silver and yellow color scheme or something poppy like that.

• Margaret Howard
    6 hours ago

Beautiful! This is a perfect project to do with my grandchildren!