Jolie's Malachite Jewelry Box Makeover

$50

Wooden jewelry boxes are very handy to store your treasures but they can really be boring but with a quick paint update they are given new life and look so much better don't you think? Follow me as this boring wood one goes to gorgeous malachite green and gold.
If you like this jewelry box, pop over to my blog for more great jewelry box tutorials
Here is the victim, this drab wooden jewelry box no longer loved and sitting on a thrift store shelf. It has great bones and storage, lets give it a makeover.
First step is to clean all surfaces inside and out well.
Then Jolie paints in the gorgeous malachite green was painted on using their signature brush in two coats.
The edges were lightly sanded with handy flexible sanding pads from Jolie for a distressed look then all was clear waxed with their fabulous wax brush.
As with many vintage pieces, repairs are needed. The ring holder in this cutie just needed tacking and the flexible clear grip glue from Gorilla glue was the perfect fix.
Jolie dark wax was added to give added dimension and details.
Then to add some bling to my normal faux mercury glass look on the door glass I used a new technique using Rustoleum pure gold and mirror effects spray paint and vinegar. For detailed tutorial please go to my blog post.

Creative Moments