An Easy Solution When Your Brabantia Touch Close Bin No Longer Closes

$0

I absolutely love my Brabantia bin but sometimes I find it doesn't want to stay closed. It is pretty much useless if the lid wont remain shut. For such an expensive outlay, you want it to last but luckily it is a really simple thing to fix!

Most of the time, it's just dirt inside the spring mechanism. Its easy to pop out and give a clean in soapy water. Replace back again and bingo, the bin is as good as new again!

Follow these very simple steps!

A kitchen bin that wont close is useless!

I love my Branatia bin. Its the second one I have had now and I am have been so pleased with both of them. However, when the lid wont click down, the bin is pretty useless to have in a kitchen! Especially when there is a dog on the sniff! These steps to fix the problem are for the Brabantia Bo touch close bin that I have but the process is similar for all the bin catches.

The catch

It is the catch getting sticky that causes the problem, and most of the time, it is due to dirt or grime getting in to the mechanism and causing it to fail. It's far better to remove the catch than try and clean it in position.

Look for the rectangular hole

Firstly, take the bin lid off and lie it down on a flat hard surface. It is much easier to get access and leverage then. You will see a small rectangular gap under the mechanism. This varies on models, check the sides of the catch on the rounder bins.

Insert a flat headed screwdriver

Insert a flat headed screwdriver into the hole. You use this to leverage the mechanism up and pop it out of its position.

The clasp mechanism

You will then be able to easily remove the mechanism from the bin lid.

Scrub with warm soapy water

Give the mechanism a scrub with warm soapy water to remove any dirt or grime. Rinse thoroughly and then just replace back in to the bin lid.

The bin lid easily clicks shut again

You can then click the mechanism back in to position, you should find the bin works effortlessly again.

If the mechanism still doesn't work, it may be broken and no amount of cleaning will help! However, these replacement parts are easily and cheaply available. Just order a new one and replace. Just check you are buying the correct shape for the correct model bin.

To see more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brabantia-replacement-compatible-catch-brabantia/dp/B01H2T3QUW/ref=asc_df_B01H2T3QUW/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=255632325480&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3829835869069790621&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvloci