How to Make an Interesting Feature Wall in a Room Using Coat Pegs!

$25

We have all had a boring wall that needs "something" but we are stuck for imaginative ideas of what we can do. Let me share with you what I did in my bedroom recently. Its super simple, really cheap to do and looks so effective.

This wall needed something to add interest

I had this large expanse of wall in a bedroom that I had just decorated. I needed to add some interest to it, but I wanted something a bit different. I love the look of a gallery wall but I don't like the faff of hanging all the frames!

Coat hooks

I decided to create a rail, a similar look to a picture rail, out of some coat hooks. I measured the space and ended up buying 8 sets of the same coat hooks.

Screwing to the wall

I used a laser level to ensure that I had a straight line going across the room. A spirit level would also do the job!

After marking it up, I simply screwed the pegs to the wall, side by side, to create a seamless look.

Adding interest

I hung things off the pegs. It was so easy to move things around until I had the look I felt was just right. This is something I find a challenge when doing a gallery wall as once you put the nail in the wall, it can be bothersome to move it again, not to mention damaging to your walls!

The completed wall

I also added some pictures above the hooks too, by just propping them up on the rail.

To add texture I added some plants and scarves. I love how this wall looks now. It's more interesting than a picture hung in the traditional way and is so easy to move around and change when I want to mix things up.

Dont forget to follow me on Instagram for more on what I’m up too! @thenewfrontwall

• Joan Stanley

Very nice idea! Well done.

• Shuganne
    An hour ago

This is amazing! Of course I will have to fill several walls with pegs to hang my scarves and hats collections.

If you weren't planning to hang anything too heavy, you could make your own with dowels or pegs. I have purchased pegs with a screw already inserted, so predrill and go to it. I hang bath towels on waterproofed pegs outside the shower. No lopsided towels hanging from a towel bar!

Thanks for sharing!