What to use to clean this up?
Plain old white vinegar. Vinegar kills the mold spores, bleach does not.
Vinegar is very versatile. I never have less than 2 gallons in the house.
Once you have gotten rid of the source, clean with white cleaning vinegar to kill mold spores. If you need to cover with paint, Kilz is a good product to block stains. Then paint as desired.
I've used a magic eraser successfully if it isn't a huge space.
Hi Joslyn - There are several ways to get rid of mold, but most importantly, you need to address the root cause to keep it from returning. This article focuses on the bathroom, but is an overall great article that covers methods of how to remove mold, if bleach is safe to use, and how to prevent it from coming back. Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly
PS - We have a FREE eBook with recipes for all of my homemade and all-natural cleaners. You can download it here --> https://pinkfortitude.com/thank#GreenClean
Looks like you have a moisture problem that needs to be addressed. Yep. Vinegar will clean it off and also kill any mold spores.
Find the source of the mold. Get rid of that by using warm white vinegar. Let dry. then get a good primer that blocks mold. I would use kitchen & bathroom paint on that wall to keep the mold away.
Water pipe burst under sink.
First find the source of the dampness or wet condition and fix it or decrease the humidity in that area, maybe a dehumidifier is needed. The ventilation is very is important. Then to kill the mold use plain white vinegar, paint over it with Kilz.