Asked on Nov 12, 2019

What can I do to make a floor less slippery?

V SmithPeggy BurnetteJustynadey
+1

• Cindy

What is the floor made of? In the meantime, wear sox with the treads on the bottom.

• Justynadey

The tile is ceramic tile. Thanx!

• Peggy Burnette

Hi this is Peggy. I am so sorry you fell on your slippery floor. Hope you are OK. Here is some information I hope will help you not fall again. Be safe. Use a Vinegar Solution

Sweep the dirt and grit from the floor first. Mop the floor with a vinegar solution (1 cup white vinegar for every gallon of warm water), making sure that you do not spill water. Then wipe it down with dry towel. Make sure that there are no waxy residues left that will make the floors slippery.

How to Make Hardwood Floors Less Slippery ...

https://www.hardwoodchampion.com › make-floors-less-slippery

• V Smith

It may be helpful to make your shoes and slippers more grippy. I have a 15 year old 3 legged dog and she needs help on hardwood and tile. I used the liquid rubber-like stuff that is for tool handles and painted it onto socks for her. For humans it would work on shoes and slippers.