Rustic Bench From Headboard And Old Fence

We made a bench from a headboard, foot board and old wood fence.
The top is a headboard that had fake wicker. We removed it and replaced it with old wood fence pieces.
The arms are a foot board cut in half. We built a frame for the seat and added wide pallet boards to the middle.
I stained and painted the boards on the seat to mimic the old fence boards. We didn't have enough old fence pieces for the bench seat
A little more stain, paint and sanding and the bench was complete. Metal rods were added to the bottom where the original headboard had holes to attach to the bed frame.
Completed bench is now for sale in my new shop space at Vintage Living Marketplace.

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Susan @ Rustic ReDiscovered

• Carole
    Carole

How did you get that white wash look to it? I really love this
    • Susan @ Rustic ReDiscovered
      Susan @ Rustic ReDiscovered

Carole, I always stain new wood, then paint over the stain when dry. When paint drys just sand off as much paint as you want. It's an easy way to make the wood look older.

• Joanie
    Joanie

You shouldn't have trouble selling this.......It is just gorgeous!! Good job!!

• Dsouther
    Dsouther

The idea is great and the bench turned out very pretty for a farm house look. However, this bench is not practical for my household. I would not buy this to use outdoors. The fence board part will last a long time but the bed part of this bench will not last long out of doors. I do not have room enough for a indoor bed bench. I am sure you can sell it though to someone who doesn't care how long it lasts or to someone who has room for a bed bench. Great recycling project. Thank you for sharing.