DIY Dollar Store Christmas Trees

$11

Time to start thinking about Christmas! While in the Dollar Tree the other day I spotted all kinds of fun Christmas things, and it got my creative juices flowing. I bought the following;

• white rocks
  • Green tubular garland (1 package)
  • glue for my glue gun (2 packs)
  • nautical rope (2 packs)
  • 2 green foam pot inserts (to make a few of the trees taller)
  • 5 foam cones

I also had this Christmas tree that I found at the thrift store and some navy blue ribbon left over from another project that I planned to use as well.

Steps on Making DIY Dollar Tree Christmas Trees…

This project is very easy and pretty self explanatory, but I’ll explain how I did it anyway. All you have to do is glue your rope, garland or ribbon of choice around the foam pieces. You just squeeze a strip of glue with your glue gun, stick the garland/ribbon/rope to the side, hold it for a few seconds and move on. Continue gluing until it covers the entire piece. For 2 of the trees, I used some green foam pot inserts to make a few of the trees taller. All you have to do is glue it to the bottom of the white piece of foam. In total I made 2 green trees, 2 rope trees, and 2 with the navy blue ribbon. You definitely use a ton of glue sticks, so make sure you have plenty on hand.

I found these ornaments at the Dollar Tree to use as toppers for the green trees. I had to take the red bell off first, then I just stuck them right into the foam. For the navy trees I glued a star fish to the top. Lastly, I used a sand dollar for the smallest rope tree.

I arranged them in this big white tray that I found on clearance on my newly refinished dining room table. (I already had the wine bottle in the middle which I found at the Goodwill.) I was going for a nautical look, but you can use any sort of material you want. This green garland also came in gold and red so you could make a few in each color. Or you could glue beaded garland or any ribbon you like.

To finish off my look I used 2 packages of white rocks, also from the Dollar Tree, to use as snow. This is such an easy project, was fun and really didn’t take me all that long to complete.

Here they are…

The House house

• Joan

Exactly! Great idea to do with the kids and make memories!

• MaryAnn

Looks like great fun. Maybe after we move and get the dining table out of storage. We did this in school once with spearmint leaves and gumdrops. They looked really cute. Thanks for this great idea. MA Happy Holidays.