Asked on Nov 13, 2019

How can I upcycle the glass from a TV stand?

PamelaFiddledd224Zard Pocleeb
+1

I don't want a tv stand anymore but I would like to reuse the glass. It is very heavy so I have to be careful where I put it

• Beth

Could you put it on a different table? Maybe make a frame for it so that you don't get hurt on the corners. There's a tutorial on making a frame here: https://www.pneumaticaddict.com/2016/07/make-easy-picture-frame-with-glass.html

• Zard Pocleeb

You need to be very careful with it. It will undoubtedly be tempered glass. If you try to cut it or change it in any way it’ll shatter into a billion tiny pieces.

• Fiddledd224

Use it as a tabletop if the edges are smooth/beveled. I would get 2 or more bottom supports to balance and support the weight. Before you use it make sure it is strong and sturdy enough so it doesn't break or tip. I would place this piece against a wall for more stability

• Pamela

Make a coffee table with it. build a wood box frame without the top , add casters to the bottom of you want . Lay the glass over the top , use clear rubber or silicone protectors on top of the wood frame to rest the glass on and to keep it from sliding . Before placing the glass top on , fill the box ( or build a shelf into it ) to place collectables or seasonal decorations in !

we have an antique hutch that we put our tv on top of , I planned on keeping our movie and game collection in the hutch . My husband said I should use it as a decorating box ! I change out the decorations for different holidays or seasons . We really love it and always get comments on how nice it looks .

I also place battery operated mini light s and/or candles in it for a more dramatic look and it's nice soft lighting for the room .