Asked on Nov 15, 2019

How can I repair or disguise this rip on a vinyl ottoman?

DeeSherrie CoffeyRedcatcec
+5

I found this vinyl ottoman for cheap, but it has a rip on the seam. Without completely recovering it, how can I repair this or cover it up?

Hi Julie: You can make a cover for it, keep the original covering, maybe tape the rip with duct tape first so it won't poke the material. Here's a site that shows you how to do that.

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/make-slipcover-round-ottoman-88622.html

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/420664421416095962/?lp=true

Good luck

• Vimarhonor

Hello. I would consider recovering the top only plus a few inches below to cover the defect. Alternatively you might consider a microfiber stretchy slipcover.

• DesertRose

You can buy repair kits for vinyl that works very well, but needs paint to match the surface. I would look into the faux leather repair kits that come in your local home improvement store! We used such a one and you could NOT tell there had ever been a rip. Ask at your local store, they are great at home improvement helping folks find what they need for the home! They are so used to me asking, they often ask how my last project went,

A vinyl repair kit would help. You can also use a vinyl adhesive. Place something heavy on the top where the tear is. A bunch of books comes to mind. Then either use a vinyl repair kit or vinyl adhesive to glue the seam. Let it cure for a few days before removing the books.

• Sea Trace Creations

Repair the vinyl in some way shape or form and check out decorative upholstery trims in a fabric store. Lots of varieties and one with small tassles comes to mind as they are so popular now on blanket edges.

• Redcatcec

If this were mine, I would recover it.

• Sherrie Coffey

Heirloom Traditions paint

• Dee

You can also use Washi Tape.