Space Lamp Makeover

$20

When we gave my son's room a makeover I knew I wanted to add a fun lamp that he loved. Looking around, I didn't see any I loved or that were just too expensive. So I made my own!

I found this standard lamp base at my local ReStore for $4! It was the perfect shape that I wanted ,but it didn't have a shade.

So using a DIY lamp shade kit, I put together a shade for the lamp and covered it with a cool space fabric.

While the fabric and shade glue were drying I got to work on the base.

I spray painted the base with a textured dark gray paint. This gave it a rough, grainy look and feel.

I then went over the spray paint with black and light gray acrylic paint. I just dipped a sponge and stamped it on. I wanted it to look like the moon's surface.

I found a rocket ship patch and hot glued it to the base.

I love the way it turned out and so did my son! He kept thanking me for making it for him and that make it all worth it!

3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Tara Boettger

• Ginger

Where did you find the DIY Lampshade kit? By the way that is an adorable lamp. Great job!

• Jo Ellen

I rarely leave comments, but this is amazing! I did not know that they had a DIY lamp kit. I desperately need a shade cover, and I’m so gonna look for one now.
    Everyone is talking about a bedroom, but as a teacher this would be adorable in the classroom !
    Well done

Perfect for a boys room. One of a kind. Great share and great job.