DIY Lighted Clay Mini Christmas Trees

$5

I love working with clay and I love Christmas, so I've married my two loves into these adorable little light up Christmas trees that will be perfect for your Christmas Village this year.

Aren't they adorable? And they are insanely easy to make. You won't need any fancy tools or to spend a ton of money.

Can you picture them in your fairy garden, too?

See nothing fancy! Some Air Dry Clay (You can use the Crayola kind, too!), some LED tea lights and I used a skewer to poke holes in my clay.

First you'll need to roll out your clay. Warm it up by rolling and kneading it in your hands first for a few minutes and then use a rolling pin or any cylinder shaped object to flatten the clay.

You want it about 1/8" thick.

Next you need to cut a cone shape into the clay. I used a kitchen knife and eyeballed the size. You need the bottom to be wide enough to fit around the tea light.

Next use your skewer to poke some holes in the clay. Hold on to the skewer, you're going to use it again in another step.

Wrap the clay around your tealight. This is the front.

And that's the back. Next you're going to be pinching it shut into a tree like form.

Pinch the back closed and you'll end up with a tree shape.

I trimmed off some of the excess from the bottom of the tree to keep it neat.

Once I had the tree formed, I used the skewer to back through the holes. You want them to be able to allow the light to come through.

Next you just need to let it dry overnight.

You could definitely paint these if you wanted!

How cute are they?

If you're wondering the clay doesn't stick to the tea lights, so when the battery dies on those, you can just stick the tree on top of a new one!

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Marybeth Santos

• Tina

Super cute and clever!!

• CJ

Very cute! Does the back side get pinched closed all the way, or are they open? Thanks!

• CJ

Tried this with air-dry clay and could not get the clay to lift off the surface (my granite counter) without totally destroying the piece... even with a spatula. Any suggestions on what kind of surface to roll this out on?

• Diane

Love these!

• Terry

Very cute! I would sand them a bit after they dry to remove some of the clay debris from the holes and pinching. ;-)