Old Dresser New Life

$50

When I saw this dresser, I loved the shape, and pulls and its modern vibe. I could tell right away that it had amazing woodgrain under the old varnish. So I got to work right away to uncover it's beauty.

You can see the variation in the wood color

The first step was to fill in the missing veneer with wood filler. Once that was dry I started sanding.

Wood filler drying

I started sanding with my electric sander! 100/120/150/220 grit sandpaper in this order.

Drawers are sanded

Once everything was sanded. I took off the original basement the dresser was sitting on. I wanted to elevate it and give it a more modern look. I used 8 inch harpin legs which I got from Amazon. Very sturdy, easy to install. I have used them for many projects before.

Boiled linseed oil to show the grain

Like I said I knew it had beautiful wood grains, so I didn't want to hide it! I decided to use boiled linseed oil to make the grain pop! You need to wait for the oil to cure and its about 24 hrs between each coat but trust me it won't disappoint. There are a lot of oils out there. This one has almost no smell and cures faster than most.

Look at that grain

To hide the wood filler and spice it up a little, I used painted black stripes on the sides as well as the front frame. I wanted the grain to be the star!

I hope you like this transformation! And the exposed wood grain speaks for itself. To find my other pieces and follow me on my furniture flip journey follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut