Memaw’s House Sunflower Clock

$15

I am a staining artist and I am constantly looking for wood pieces to stain my art on. I build a lot of things too. Today I am going to build a 36” clock out of pallets.

I disassemble my pallets, the easiest way I have found to do this is using a saws all. I put the blade between the pallet wood and the nail and saw the nails in half. I measured it to be at least 36 inches, as I am going to make a circle out of it. I put a little bit of glue on the back boards and nail them in. I use a nail gun and 1in nails. The nails go all the way thru, I like that because I turn it over and hammer the nails over. This ensures it’s is going to stay together. Next I find the center of the board and I put a small screw in. I then tie a string to the nail and measure 18in, then tie the string to my pencil and I proceed to make a circle.

Here is the front all ready to be cut into the circle

Here it is, a 36in circle. I sanded with a 60, 80, 150, 220. I also rounds the edges.

As I said I am a staining artist so I draw on my image and use stain like others use paint to create my art. I know most people will say, “I am not an artist” but you could use stencils, decoupage, actual numbers. Anyhow, I am staining sunflowers. Sunflowers are my “thing”

Up close of a sunflower being stained.

The clock mechanism was super easy to use. I screwed in the little plastic tab that came with it and the hands just hang on it. Easy to change the batteries without having to take the whole clock down. Here is the link for the clock mechanism

To see more: //www.facebook.com/memawslovelyglass

• Don & DiAnn

None of the clock mechanisms shown appear to be able to change batteries w/o taking the clock down from the wall and where did you get the brass disc behind the hands?

• Joe Jones

That’s because you are looking at the amazon link. You may have to check Michaels or somewhere like that

• Sarah

I don't understand how you mounted your clock mechanism, could you please go in detail about it. I love your clock you did a beautiful job!!!! Thanks

• Cathy Hays

Misty your Clock is beautiful. I love the Sunflowers as I have a "thing" for them as well. Sunflowers just make you happy. Great job, thanks for sharing!