DIY Faux French Door

$50

When remodeling my bedroom, I decided a simple makeover was exactly what the closet door needed. A little primer, paint, and trim was all it needed to get a totally different look! I love how it turned out, and can't wait to show you exactly what I did!

Here's how my closet door started. This side of the room really needed some color, so I was exited to give it a different look!

I started by removing the door, and priming it with Zinsser Primer.

Then I painted the the frame of the door blue and the inside portion the same cream color of the walls of the room.

I glued trim to the center of the door, placing books on top of the trim to keep everything in place while the glue dried.

Once the glue was dry, I caulked any gaps between the trim and the doorframe, then touched up the paint.

Then the door was done! I love how it turned out, and I really love the splash of color it adds to this side of the room! For more information and photos, check out the full blog!

Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Lindsay Fay

• Wannie
    Wannie

What kind of trims did you use?

• Lee Joy
    Lee Joy

Love the door!!

Im thinking of doing that to a door and making it a feature point ...prob my lounge or entrance hallway...and putting family pics in the sections ...I reckon it would look great😁👍🏻

• Jacqness1
    Jacqness1

What color is your blue? I like it a lot!