Vintage Thread Spool Mini Wreath

$10.

Old, wooden thread spools have great graphics. This simple DIY project enables you to enjoy the vintage graphics in a whole new way! Great gift idea for sewers, Christmas gift topper or tree ornament. They also look adorable hanging from the back of a dining chair.

Gather 7 wooden thread spools, similarly sized. Those that have old paper or stamped graphics will look the best.

For a uniform look to the thread spools, cut any old thread off with a utility knife.

Drill small holes through each thread spool.

Thread spools onto a chenille stem. Create the wreath shape, getting spools as close together as possible, all facing the same direction. Twist chenille closed tightly at top.

With a hot melt glue gun, glue wherever spools meet. Glue from the underside & try not to have big gobs of glue. Glue a skinny ribbon around the middle of the spools, tucking in between each. Add a loop at the top for hanging.

Embellish your Vintage Thread Spool Mini Wreath with bits of greenery and a jingle bell. This will also cover your ribbon knot and glue blobs. See my blog for other repurposed crafting tips: https://lorabloomquist.com/vintage-thread-spool-mini-wreath-how-to/

Lora Bloomquist

• Mary

Great idea!!! What do you use the old bed springs for? I need ideas!

• Mary

Lora, Thanks so much for the really neat ideas for bed springs. I have an old crib, from when our kids were babies, in the basement that I have been hanging on to. This will be a great for the springs! Still trying to figure out what to do with the head board, that has a sweet stencil on it! Have a good holiday season. Mary

• Lovesunique

This really caught my eye! So cute and clever. I will say I haven't sewn in years and had to buy thread and was shocked at the cost of thread nowadays. I do have lots of wooden spools though. Thread is sold on foam or plastic spools now!

• Lora Bloomquist

I know:( That's why these old wooden ones with the cool graphics need to be appreciated!

• Birdz of a Feather

So cute! Now I wish I didn't pass up those spools at the flea market. They'll be impossible to find this time of year.