Vintage Thread Spool Mini Wreath

$10.

Old, wooden thread spools have great graphics. This simple DIY project enables you to enjoy the vintage graphics in a whole new way! Great gift idea for sewers, Christmas gift topper or tree ornament. They also look adorable hanging from the back of a dining chair.

Gather 7 wooden thread spools, similarly sized. Those that have old paper or stamped graphics will look the best.

For a uniform look to the thread spools, cut any old thread off with a utility knife.

Drill small holes through each thread spool.

Thread spools onto a chenille stem. Create the wreath shape, getting spools as close together as possible, all facing the same direction. Twist chenille closed tightly at top.

With a hot melt glue gun, glue wherever spools meet. Glue from the underside & try not to have big gobs of glue. Glue a skinny ribbon around the middle of the spools, tucking in between each. Add a loop at the top for hanging.

Embellish your Vintage Thread Spool Mini Wreath with bits of greenery and a jingle bell. This will also cover your ribbon knot and glue blobs. See my blog for other repurposed crafting tips: https://lorabloomquist.com/vintage-thread-spool-mini-wreath-how-to/

25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Lora Bloomquist

• Mary

Great idea!!! What do you use the old bed springs for? I need ideas!

• Mary

Lora, Thanks so much for the really neat ideas for bed springs. I have an old crib, from when our kids were babies, in the basement that I have been hanging on to. This will be a great for the springs! Still trying to figure out what to do with the head board, that has a sweet stencil on it! Have a good holiday season. Mary

• Mgt Ohara

Old springs for mattress behind spool wreath? Looks nostalgic but please explain this choice to display- it is great!!

• Lovesunique

This really caught my eye! So cute and clever. I will say I haven't sewn in years and had to buy thread and was shocked at the cost of thread nowadays. I do have lots of wooden spools though. Thread is sold on foam or plastic spools now!

• Lora Bloomquist

I know:( That's why these old wooden ones with the cool graphics need to be appreciated!

• Birdz of a Feather

So cute! Now I wish I didn't pass up those spools at the flea market. They'll be impossible to find this time of year.