Asked on Nov 17, 2019

How do I refurbish a bonded leather sectional?

Cynthia HLinda SikutJerriann Harland Townsend
+3

I have a bonded leather sectional that is sloughing there faux leather. It’s a great sectional that is otherwise in great shape. Are there easy ways to “make it over”?

• Joye R. Foster

I have a friend who owns a furniture store. She says that bonded furniture does not last. She says you can't repair it. So sorry.

• Michelle Leslie

Hi Jerriiann, here's a great video that will show you how - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoemyjyPjww

• Sharon

Get or make a nice slipcover.

• Jerriann Harland Townsend

I’m not much of a seamstress !

• Linda Sikut

Hi Jerriann,

If you're not much of a seamstress, you could try covering it with a throw. I'd get some upholstery pins or even safety pins to hold it in place. I hope that helps. Wishing you the best.

• Cynthia H

I tend to like simple covers for furniture. A drop cloth or pretty sheet can be tucked into place if you don't want to buy a cover. For the furniture we have now, old, but sturdy, I bought covers that protect furniture from pets, that covers all the worn areas. They can go right in the wash and are reversible.