Painted TV Trays

$20

We have TV trays that we have been using for over 20 years. I decided I wanted to paint them and give them a new life. My inspiration came from a favorite vintage item, camp stools.

The Inspiration

They aren’t easy to find, so they are a real treasure when I come across them. I love the patterns on them when found with original fabric. They are often in these happy stripes.

The camp stools almost look like little TV trays,

Pattern

It was easy to see how to lay the design out to match on top of the table.

First Stripes

I measured out how far I wanted each stripe to go and then marked the first section with painters tape. I then painted the outside two green stripes with craft paint.

Painting

Then I painted the middle red stripe. Each striped needed two-three layers of paint to make it thick enough to not see the brush stokes or the wood table marks underneath.

Painters Tape

After letting those stripes dry I pealed off the painters tape and it left a beautiful straight line.

More Stripes

Then I reapplied the painters tape to protect what I had already painted. The outside red stripes and inside yellow came next.

Finished project

After a little spray sealant they are ready to use as side tables or while having a family dinner with a movie.

Kristin | White Arrows Home