Asked on Nov 17, 2019

How do I change the color of my metal wall art ?

DeeSea Trace CreationsWilliam
+10

I have metal wall art in avocado, brown, and orange colors.

Would like to update to grays, black, silver.

What is the best metal paint to use?

Thanks Angela

• Michelle Griffin

I am in the process of creating a kitchen from a bunch of mismatched cabinets and hardware. I brought them all together using similar hues of paint and spraying all of the hardware, brackets etc even plastic outlet covers, with Rust-Oleum Universal Hammered. They have several different metallic colors. Just use tape to cover the frame behind the circles. Use press & seal to cover the circles you don't want painted that particular color, so paint won't peel off when removing it. Good luck hope you love it!

• Fiddledd224

Krylon spray paint. Mix up the many colors and textures.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Any spray paint will work easily! Unless you want more colors on it at once?

• Toni

I love metal art ... I purchase at yard sales ... especially love Haitian drum art ... I use craft paint for small areas, and spray paint for large areas, then spray all with clear rustoleum...works great, lasts forever, indoors and out. When I want a change, I just do it again!

• FreeYourMind

No tips ..you have lots of good ones to ..just to say..That looks a beauty..love decco like this. Have fun..sure it will look fab 👍

Rustoleum 2X spray paint for metal.

• Sea Trace Creations

An easy paint on one with no fumes is the Folklore paints, certain ones in their lineup are for all surfaces.

• Dee

Rustoleum is the best for metal. They also have a spray primer. You can add highlights with Rub and Buff which you can get at Michaels or Hobby Lobby