Easy Fall Tobacco Basket Decoration for Your Home

$9

banner

Tobacco baskets are turning up everywhere and this little tobacco basket project was a result of spotting one of these cute little baskets at Target! For just $3, I knew I would use this, perhaps as a centerpiece.

Really? How darn cute is this. I am sorry I didn’t buy more of them! My daughter just moved into a new townhouse in Maryland and needs some things on her walls.  

I used a pipe cleaner to make a loop so I can hang this on a Command hook on the wall.  

This is going to be a sweet little fall decoration she can enjoy for the next few weeks. I cut some faux fall leaf picks into smaller pieces.  

Cut pieces of the stems were secured to the tobacco basket with a generous amount of hot glue.  

I continued adding the leaves to make a nice little “nest” in the center of the basket.

It was time to get out the small vaux fruits I used for my Thanksgiving tablescape. I love using fruits and vegetables in arrangements and vignettes during autumn. The fruits of the harvest are always a reminder of the horn of plenty and all of the blessings we have as we give thanks this time of the year.

Adding a liberal amount hot glue will make it easy to attach the fruits to the center of my tobacco basket.

A pair of fruits will make a base for more to come.  

Time to add some texture with a little twine! Any twine will work with this

Cut a piece of cardboard and wrap it with the twine. I wrapped it about 30 times around the cardboard.

Fold the cardboard and pull the twine off without messing up the loop you have created.

Wrap a piece of twine several times around the middle of the loops and you have a twine bow.

Use the hot glue gun to secure the bow in the middle of the basket.

To carry off the harvest look, add more faux fruits. 

You have a pretty and easy fall decoration to add to your home!

Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)

• Cher B

Very clever. Turned out so pretty!!

• Maureen

Very cute. You gave great instructions!!

People without any artistic ability can make this with ease. Thank you for sharing ❤️