Easy Fall Tobacco Basket Decoration for Your Home

$9

banner

Tobacco baskets are turning up everywhere and this little tobacco basket project was a result of spotting one of these cute little baskets at Target! For just $3, I knew I would use this, perhaps as a centerpiece. You can see more of my crafts and creations here.

Really? How darn cute is this. I am sorry I didn’t buy more of them! My daughter just moved into a new townhouse in Maryland and needs some things on her walls.  

I used a pipe cleaner to make a loop so I can hang this on a Command hook on the wall.  

This is going to be a sweet little fall decoration she can enjoy for the next few weeks. I cut some faux fall leaf picks into smaller pieces.  

Cut pieces of the stems were secured to the tobacco basket with a generous amount of hot glue.  

I continued adding the leaves to make a nice little “nest” in the center of the basket.

It was time to get out the small vaux fruits I used for my Thanksgiving tablescape. I love using fruits and vegetables in arrangements and vignettes during autumn. The fruits of the harvest are always a reminder of the horn of plenty and all of the blessings we have as we give thanks this time of the year.

Adding a liberal amount hot glue will make it easy to attach the fruits to the center of my tobacco basket.

A pair of fruits will make a base for more to come.  

Time to add some texture with a little twine! Any twine will work with this

Cut a piece of cardboard and wrap it with the twine. I wrapped it about 30 times around the cardboard.

Fold the cardboard and pull the twine off without messing up the loop you have created.

Wrap a piece of twine several times around the middle of the loops and you have a twine bow.

Use the hot glue gun to secure the bow in the middle of the basket.

To carry off the harvest look, add more faux fruits. 

You have a pretty and easy fall decoration to add to your home!

I would love to have you stop by my blog,  Celebrate & Decorate for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
15 Perfectly Round Tables
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Chloe Crabtree