Christmas Bells From Dollar Store Plastic Bells

$4

I think these bells pass for "metal looking". I wanted an aged silver look and I'm happy with How they turned out!

I decided to use them in a swag on my door as opposed to a wreath but honestly you could use these bells in garland, wreaths, swags, etc.....

*Keep in mind that I did not have room to write out Christmas, so I wrote X-mas instead.*

This is what they originally looked like. They are larger than they appear. I'd say they are a bit bigger than a red solo cup. How about that gaudy gold?!! 😖

I spray painted them black first.

I then gave them a coat of matte silver paint.

After the silver dried, I took a dry paint brush and randomly stippled a light grey on them.

I dry brushed a little bit of black in a few spots.

I wanted more of an aged effect so I took a crumbled up paper towel and dabbed it in the light gray again and pressed it all round.

I threw together a door swag with left over faux greenery and ribbon. I also made the little sign out of scrap wood. I then attached my bells with floral wire. I'm loving this look on my front door!!

The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas

• Kathi

You did an awesome upgrade on these bells! They look just like metal. I LOVE them!! GREAT JOB!!!!

• Patsy

I Love how you did these bells they are just beautiful

• Moraima

Is there a dyi to get rid of roaches?

• Awesome

If all possible maintain a pest removal service. They do installment payments. My renter left and I did a major remodel and the pest control service had things under control in 6 mons

• Debra S Prins

How did you create the swag?