Christmas Bells From Dollar Store Plastic Bells

$4

I think these bells pass for "metal looking". I wanted an aged silver look and I'm happy with How they turned out!

I decided to use them in a swag on my door as opposed to a wreath but honestly you could use these bells in garland, wreaths, swags, etc.....

*Keep in mind that I did not have room to write out Christmas, so I wrote X-mas instead.*

This is what they originally looked like. They are larger than they appear. I'd say they are a bit bigger than a red solo cup. How about that gaudy gold?!! 😖

I spray painted them black first.

I then gave them a coat of matte silver paint.

After the silver dried, I took a dry paint brush and randomly stippled a light grey on them.

I dry brushed a little bit of black in a few spots.

I wanted more of an aged effect so I took a crumbled up paper towel and dabbed it in the light gray again and pressed it all round.

I threw together a door swag with left over faux greenery and ribbon. I also made the little sign out of scrap wood. I then attached my bells with floral wire. I'm loving this look on my front door!!

• Kathi

You did an awesome upgrade on these bells! They look just like metal. I LOVE them!! GREAT JOB!!!!

• Patsy

I Love how you did these bells they are just beautiful

• Moraima

Is there a dyi to get rid of roaches?

• Awesome

If all possible maintain a pest removal service. They do installment payments. My renter left and I did a major remodel and the pest control service had things under control in 6 mons

• Debra S Prins

How did you create the swag?