Christmas Bells From Dollar Store Plastic Bells

$4

I think these bells pass for "metal looking". I wanted an aged silver look and I'm happy with How they turned out!

I decided to use them in a swag on my door as opposed to a wreath but honestly you could use these bells in garland, wreaths, swags, etc.....

*Keep in mind that I did not have room to write out Christmas, so I wrote X-mas instead.*

This is what they originally looked like. They are larger than they appear. I'd say they are a bit bigger than a red solo cup. How about that gaudy gold?!! 😖

I spray painted them black first.

I then gave them a coat of matte silver paint.

After the silver dried, I took a dry paint brush and randomly stippled a light grey on them.

I dry brushed a little bit of black in a few spots.

I wanted more of an aged effect so I took a crumbled up paper towel and dabbed it in the light gray again and pressed it all round.

I threw together a door swag with left over faux greenery and ribbon. I also made the little sign out of scrap wood. I then attached my bells with floral wire. I'm loving this look on my front door!!

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash

• Linda
    Linda

I have been looking for a simple DIY Christmas decoration and am excited about your instruction for the painting the bells. I am on fixed income and love to shop Dollar Store. Thank you for inspiration and clear instructions

• Susan
    Susan

Nice! I like them black, the iron look :) so many possibilities!