Tulle Angel Ornament

$5

Hey Hometalk! If you're looking for a Christmas ornament idea that is super easy to make, this one is for you! I love angels and this one will be put on my tree.

First take some tulle and fold it like an accordion. Then tie a string at the top. You can use some scissors to straighten out the edges.

The next thing I did was cut a cap off of the ornament.

Then I glued the cap to a wooden bead.

It'll look like this!

Then glued the white bead to the top- it's the angel head!

Next, I glued the wings to the back of the angel, and a little sweet bow to the neck.

I looped a string through the cap at the top, and tied it in a loop.

Now it can be hung from the tree. That's it! They look so beautiful, and are SO EASY to make. If you'd like to see more ornament and holiday project ideas, take a look at my posts here on Hometalk, or at my Facebook page- Gilbert Marketplace.

• Patty

How were the wings made?

• Joann Gonnella Cope

If you made them on a smaller scale you could use bow tie macaroni and paint them white, or silver, glitter them etc.

• MaryAnn

This is a lovely simple project. How exactly did you remove the neck of the ornament? What method or tool is best? Forgive me, I've not got wonderful eyesight and the the picture isn't very clear too me! Do you think soft lace yardage would sub for the tulle? I can't get to the fabric stores downtown. These would be lovely on the tree, with a Nativity, and how about a baby shower or in the nursery ( out of reach of course). Happy Holidays.

• Shelly L Nemeth

The crown is just off the plastic ornaments they just pop off. They are now even glued on. Lace would be beautiful