Asked on Nov 18, 2019

How can I cover my sidewalk with rock or boards?

WilliamKmdreamerLifestyles Homes
+1

My side walk is about 3x30. I would like to glue rocks on it to make it nicer. Front yard is gravel and wooden deck with pretreatment ceader. I also thought of running 3x3s on each side and screw treated planks on. Wood would like nice and cheap. How could I glue rocks on sidewalk. Mostly in good shape except for 3 cracks

• Vimarhonor

I saved these screenshots of decking ideas for an intriguing pathway. Not sure its helpful. Hope you find the perfect solution for your needs.

• Lifestyles Homes

Is your sidewalk spalling or why do you want to cover it up? Is it efflorescence?

Spalling & efflorescing are on-going decaying processes, like rust is on metal.

In that case, make a board walk.

If you want it to only last 5 years, then go ahead and look up palettes here for using them.

More than 5 years would require treated lumber rails and an corresponding decking, with cross bars underneath at the rails’ joints.

If your sidewalk doesn’t sit 1” above the dirt, water, any epoxy you use will have water wicking under it, over time.

There are polymeric concrete mixes that could be used with rocks, but they would require forming boards on the sides to keep the mixture a uniform thickness.,

• Kmdreamer

How about pieces of wood put down make it look like a bridge

You would need to use a latex modified cement mix to glue the rocks to the walk. Wood would be the easiest.