Update Your Ceiling Fan

$20
1 Day

I finally updated an old brass ceiling fan in our place! It just needed a little love and paint and wow what a drastic change!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Here is the original dated ceiling fan.

The first thing we did was take it down.

I washed and cleaned all of the fan's parts.

I covered the motor with a plastic bag and used painter's tape to cover the sockets so I wouldn't get paint on them.

I spray painted the brass parts with Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint. It was a primer and paint all in one. I let that dry completely.

I painted the fan blades with 1 coat of Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in the color Castle. I did a light coat so the old color would show through. I was going for a weather barn wood look.

Once the paint was dry, I dry brushed Folk Art Home Decor Wood Tint in the color Grey.

I let these all dry completely.

I bought replacement glass globes as I wanted to update the old ones. I got these at Walmart.

After everything was dry, we hung it back up and absolutely love it!

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
15 Memorial Day Crafts
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Chas' Crazy Creations