Hutch Rescue! DIY Furniture
This is the biggest transformation to date for flop or not! It took a bit more detail and patience. But it was worth it! Love love love how it turned out 👌❤️ Check out my website at flopornotdesigns.com my Instagram for more of my projects!
Can you believe this is the shape I got this in?! This hutch was a 30$ rescue from Letgo ! Plus a delivery fee to my door. The power in paint and hard work 🙋♀️ I feel very satisfied with the turnout.
- sand sand sand SAND
- Wipe down
- lay out materials.
- use shellac zinsser primer and prime the living day lights out of your piece so you get no bleed through. With a cheap foam roller that you will toss after
- fill Wagner spray gun with premier (Canadian tire) eggshell white. (Great paint!!)
- Spray 3 coats of white paint.
- sand the doors!
- stain doors with whatever choice of stain you like. This was a mixture of a white washed oak and sun bleach oak.
- Use poly acrylic miniwax top coat X2 coats.
- attach old hardware and assemble!
This is an example of having to re same down and apply more primer if you don’t prime the entire thing too the first time.
Before the hardware and doors went on!!
Farmhouse meets Boho! 🌿
Staging tip!!! PLANTS PLANTS PLANTS! Dried eucalyptus 🌱 is a stagers gold.
Got these adorbale knobs from Homesense months ago and was waiting for the right piece to put them on! 😍
Check out my blog post on this piece on my website!
See all materials
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info