Hutch Rescue! DIY Furniture

$100
Advanced

This is the biggest transformation to date for flop or not! It took a bit more detail and patience. But it was worth it! Love love love how it turned out 👌❤️ Check out my website at flopornotdesigns.com my Instagram for more of my projects!
Can you believe this is the shape I got this in?! This hutch was a 30$ rescue from Letgo ! Plus a delivery fee to my door. The power in paint and hard work 🙋‍♀️ I feel very satisfied with the turnout.
Steps:
  • sand sand sand SAND
  • Wipe down
  • lay out materials.
  • use shellac zinsser primer and prime the living day lights out of your piece so you get no bleed through. With a cheap foam roller that you will toss after
  • fill Wagner spray gun with premier (Canadian tire) eggshell white. (Great paint!!)
  • Spray 3 coats of white paint.
  • sand the doors!
  • stain doors with whatever choice of stain you like. This was a mixture of a white washed oak and sun bleach oak.
  • Use poly acrylic miniwax top coat X2 coats.
  • attach old hardware and assemble!
Voila!
This is an example of having to re same down and apply more primer if you don’t prime the entire thing too the first time.
Before the hardware and doors went on!!
Farmhouse meets Boho! 🌿
Staging tip!!! PLANTS PLANTS PLANTS! Dried eucalyptus 🌱 is a stagers gold.
Got these adorbale knobs from Homesense months ago and was waiting for the right piece to put them on! 😍
Check out my blog post on this piece on my website!

• Deb

Love this

• Heje

First of all, it is a great looking piece of furniture. One question - are the drawer pulls original to the piece? They look like they belong to the style

• Carol Painter

As others pointed out, please reinstall you drawer pulls so the handles are not resting on bare wood. I have a similar piece in good condition in original state. This is beautiful.

• Judy

I have the same drawer pulls on my bedroom furniture. They are turned the other way in order to keep from scratching the wood. It looks like yours are upside down. Just curious. BTW..you did a fabulous job on this piece. Lovely..Judy

• Janna

Beautiful!

• Myrna Roy Collins

I have no question. This is amazing and glad to hear you used zinnzer primer. I use it all of the time. In fact I used it on a floor that had been under carpet that had been peed on by dogs and it was awesome. Very good job on the whole problem.