Asked on Nov 20, 2019

How do I get rid of the nasty smell coming from my sink?

LynneDiane DykesKathy Gunter Law
+2

• Angela

Hi Sam. I pour about a cup of baking soda in drains. Let sit for an hour. Rinse. In garbage disposal too. Some people use distilled vinegar 1 cup. And if I have orange or lemon rinds I grind two or three pieces in garbage disposal. Do periodically when odor returns. Angela

• Cut a lemon or lime in half. With the water on and garbage disposal running, add the fruit halves, one at a time, to the disposal. The fruit will help clean and deodorize your drain.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Remove as much as possible with a snake or drain cleaning tool. Pour ½ cup baking soda then ½ cup white vinegar in the drain and cover, letting sit for 20 minutes. Boil water, remove cover, and pour water down the drain. You may have to repeat the process.

• Diane Dykes

Bleach once a week

• Lynne

Pour ½ of a cup of baking soda down the drain and then add ½ a cup of white vinegar. Let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes. Then pour hot water down the drain.