Make a Beautiful DIY Christmas Yarn Wreath

$15

Looking for an unique DIY Christmas Wreath idea? Well here's an easy Christmas wreath idea to try out! This is the perfect farmhouse-inspired wreath you can easily make before Christmas!

When It comes to Christmas decorations I really love using all kids of natural materials. That's how I came up with the idea for this beautiful and easy Christmas wreath with soft wool yarn and rope with wood decor.

Start with cutting and shaping the wire into a large circle. Make the wreath as small or large as you want.

Tie the two ends, and make a small loop. If you do this, you'll have an easy way to hang up the Christmas wreath when you’re finished with it.

Cut two more wire lengths ( same length as you used previously), and twin these around the wreath. Fasten at the top of the wreath.

Now you need to cut nine pieces of rope. Section the ropes into three groups of three ropes each. Braid three pieces of rope, and then do the same with the rest.

When you’re finished braiding the three braids of rope, gather them all and braid them all together into one large braid.

Then you need to start wrapping it around your wreath. When you’re all around the wreath, you can use a small piece of wire to fasten it at the end.

For more detailed pictures, check out the full blog post here.

The next step is to cut up your wool yarn. Cut the yarn into 36 pieces. Group the yarn into two groups of 18 each. Now twist it all around the wreath. Do the same with the remaining yarn lengths.

Cut off any excess yarn, and fasten the yarn ends.

Cut off a nice length of rope and twist it all around the Christmas wreath. Tie the two ends together at the top and fasten.

If you like a simplistic and clean looking Christmas wreath, you can just leave it like this , or you can add some extra decor if you like.

I cut out a simple heart using some red cardstock paper, and then I clued the  wooden deer  onto the heart. I then made a bow and glued it on to the wreath.

I hope you enjoyed this Christmas wreath tutorial! If you have any questions, be sure to let me know.

Organzia

• Lynne

awesome job, and you even make the wreath look cozy

• Organzia

Thank you so much for your kind words Lynne !And I'm glad you like the "cosy" wreath😊

• Jacee Carroll

Thank you. If I do half as good a job as you did I'll be happy. Merry CHRISTmas