Christmas Terrarium With Bottle Brush Christmas Trees

$10

Friends, this is another post where I sit and ask myself, is this even worth sharing a tutorial of? But, then I do an IGTV of the project and it goes crazy! I realize quickly, people need to know about this easy, DIY Christmas terrarium that includes just few a materials!

All you need is three things to make this beautiful Christmas terrarium: a glass cake stand, bottle brush Christmas trees, and artificial snow. That’s it! In a sea of intricate, expensive Christmas DIY, this is a gem of beautiful, budget friendly decor!

I went from this simple above cabinet decor, to a Christmas show stopper!

See what I mean? It’s almost too easy! Almost . . . 😉

WHAT YOU’LL NEED:

• Cake stands(s)
  • Bottle brush trees
  • Fake snow

Originally I had decided to do garland over these cabinets. But as I stared at the cake stands that were already in place, I though about how beautiful and popular terrariums have been lately. And I figured, I already have fake snow and plenty of bottle brush trees . . . why not make a Christmas terrarium! 

CONSTRUCTING A CHRISTMAS TERRARIUM 

First, if you’re kitchen is anything like mine, above your cabinets gets a tad bit dusty . . . and really, who gets up there and dusts unless there’s a reason? To dust simply to dust doesn’t fit my personality. But give me a reason . . . like a terrarium, and I’m ready to get dirty! Or is it clean? 😉

Place the bottle bush trees on the cake stand. Secure to the bottoms of the trees with tape if needed. Use three to five trees per stand. I loved the added dimension of using different colored trees for a little bit of sass. You can stick to traditional or go crazy with some fun colors if you want!

Once you have all the trees in place and have made sure the lids can still fit on the top with enough clearance for your tallest tree, you’re ready for snow!

Sprinkle the snow right over the top of your bottle brush trees. Use as much or as little as you’d like. But for me, the more you use the more winter wonderland it becomes. 

Once the snow is heavy enough to your liking, place the lid on and put the cake stand where you want it. I had two cake stands with lids, one without, and I felt the difference added good contrast!

A FEW DIFFERENT VERSIONS

If these are not on the top of cabinets like mine, feel free to add woodland creatures to them, or other fun accessories to make the terrariums pop! After I shared this project on Pinterest one follower make one right away, and used LED lights in hers. It was beautiful!

These are just the perfect amount of cozy Christmas spirit to bring my kitchen alive with the holiday! 

You don’t have to stick to bottle brush trees! Fill them with pinecones, create a tiny Christmas village, honestly anything festive will be elevated encased in a beautiful glass cake stand! You next cake will be jealous! 😉

Eryn | Eryn Whalen Online

• Patsy47

WHATS NOT TO LOVE?? BOTTLE BRUSH TREES AND TERRARIUMS !!

FABULOUS😍

• Jewellmartin

I have the trees and cake stands and can get the loose snow. But I’m thinking about the dozen or more nativity scenes I have. Even from a distance, the iconic three figures, plus shepherds, wise men and angels, the scene is immediately recognizable. So the terrarium is still simple, and meaningful. Someday there will be indoors drones to deliver heavy cake plates and such to the tops of cabinets. I’m waiting.

• Sandra

I love these. This is a definite Christmas project.

• Joan Stanley

Saw this and DID IT! Well, sort of.

Plus made mini ones in jars with the grandkids.