Christmas Terrarium With Bottle Brush Christmas Trees

$10

Friends, this is another post where I sit and ask myself, is this even worth sharing a tutorial of? But, then I do an IGTV of the project and it goes crazy! I realize quickly, people need to know about this easy, DIY Christmas terrarium that includes just few a materials!

All you need is three things to make this beautiful Christmas terrarium: a glass cake stand, bottle brush Christmas trees, and artificial snow. That’s it! In a sea of intricate, expensive Christmas DIY, this is a gem of beautiful, budget friendly decor!

I went from this simple above cabinet decor, to a Christmas show stopper!

See what I mean? It’s almost too easy! Almost . . . 😉

WHAT YOU’LL NEED:

• Cake stands(s)
  • Bottle brush trees
  • Fake snow

Originally I had decided to do garland over these cabinets. But as I stared at the cake stands that were already in place, I though about how beautiful and popular terrariums have been lately. And I figured, I already have fake snow and plenty of bottle brush trees . . . why not make a Christmas terrarium! 

CONSTRUCTING A CHRISTMAS TERRARIUM 

First, if you’re kitchen is anything like mine, above your cabinets gets a tad bit dusty . . . and really, who gets up there and dusts unless there’s a reason? To dust simply to dust doesn’t fit my personality. But give me a reason . . . like a terrarium, and I’m ready to get dirty! Or is it clean? 😉

Place the bottle bush trees on the cake stand. Secure to the bottoms of the trees with tape if needed. Use three to five trees per stand. I loved the added dimension of using different colored trees for a little bit of sass. You can stick to traditional or go crazy with some fun colors if you want!

Once you have all the trees in place and have made sure the lids can still fit on the top with enough clearance for your tallest tree, you’re ready for snow!

Sprinkle the snow right over the top of your bottle brush trees. Use as much or as little as you’d like. But for me, the more you use the more winter wonderland it becomes. 

Once the snow is heavy enough to your liking, place the lid on and put the cake stand where you want it. I had two cake stands with lids, one without, and I felt the difference added good contrast!

A FEW DIFFERENT VERSIONS

If these are not on the top of cabinets like mine, feel free to add woodland creatures to them, or other fun accessories to make the terrariums pop! After I shared this project on Pinterest one follower make one right away, and used LED lights in hers. It was beautiful!

These are just the perfect amount of cozy Christmas spirit to bring my kitchen alive with the holiday! 

You don’t have to stick to bottle brush trees! Fill them with pinecones, create a tiny Christmas village, honestly anything festive will be elevated encased in a beautiful glass cake stand! You next cake will be jealous! 😉

22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Eryn | Eryn Whalen Online

• Joanie
    Joanie

I was just Winter Wonderland WONDERING? I was thinkin' of coconut for snow? Or Baking soda or Baking powder or even mix it all together? Anyone tried it?

• Joanie
      Joanie

I tried the epsom salts in the globes. It doesn't work! I just tried it this mornin'.

• Les
    Les

Where do you put your cake?

• PollyAnna Curmudgeon
    PollyAnna Curmudgeon

Your project is too cute, but I have a question about your ceiling -- I have the exact same ceiling pattern and my house was built in 1936. Have you had any concerns about asbestos?

• Beth
      Beth

I don't know what kind of concerns you are referring to, but just so you know, PollyAnna, asbestos is not a problem unless you disturb it. Tearing into your ceiling would cause the tiny little particles to become airborne and thus, breathable. This is when it gets into the lungs and causes cancer. As long as asbestos remains undisturbed in the ceiling, the linoleum, etc. where you can't breathe it in, no problem.

• Patricia
    Patricia

Beautiful!!

• Joan Stanley
    Joan Stanley

I did this last year and will do it again. But I added tiny children and snowmen I found at Dollar Tree. I'm going to add a tiny church this year. More color.