Easy Kintsugi Christmas Ornaments

$12

Hi! It's Jess from Jessica Welling Interiors. I'm currently obsessed with kintsugi- the Japanese art of repairing ceramics and pottery with gold. So today we're making kintsugi-inspired glass ball ornaments. This project seriously takes five minutes (plus dry time), so let's get started! Hop on over to my blog to see my favorite paint for this project!

First, remove the metal top hook from the ornament. Just pull it straight up and it should come out.

Shake your paint well before you start, and if you take any breaks. If you don't it will separate and you'll have red pigment coming through. I like to start painting the kintsugi lines from the top of the ornament.

Paint the lines to look like repaired cracks in the glass. Make the lines intersect with other lines. Once the lines are painted on the top, let it dry for a few hours.

Now that the top is dry, turn it over and continue the lines on the bottom. Let that dry too, replace the metal top, and you're done!

Next, come check out these gold-dipped glass ball ornaments using the same supplies!

21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Jessica Welling Interiors

• Tina

Pretty!

• Donna

They are beautiful! May I ask, where did you let them dry? Also, approximately how many lines should I put in each bulb? I tend to get carried away, for lack of a of a better term 🤣

Thank you in advance!

Have a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! Donna in Brookville, Ohi♥️

• Donna

Thank you for your reply. And to your question at the end, Do I have anything I’d like to break...?

That would be half the things in my house, SO I could start over by

DIY*ing everything 🤣

I love your ideas!! ❤️