Kitchen Hutch Makeover

$40

I've been so busy getting my home ready for the holidays! I love getting everything all cozy and ready to hunker down for the long winters here in New Hampshire. I have a pretty, old corner hutch that is the perfect piece to add a little punch of color to my otherwise neutral space. It has been painted a light aqua for a couple of years now and I was ready for a change.

Paint is such an easy fix for a quick update to your space. Just painting and accent wall or a piece of furniture you already own can give your room a completely different look-and without spending loads of $$.

I chose a lovely shade of blue called "Midnight Horizon" by Graham &Brown in their Matt Emulsion formula.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

I have to say that it is the most luxurious paint I have ever used. It is so thick and has amazing coverage.

I couldn't wait to start painting!

I only needed to do one coat of the paint to cover the old aqua shade.

To paint the lattice work on the glass panels I used a small art paint brush; I have a steady hand so I didn't use painter's tape.

I let the paint dry overnight before moving onto the next step.

I wanted to add a black glaze over the blue paint. A glaze adds depth to your project and for a detailed piece of furniture like mine it emphasizes all the little nooks and crannies.

You can check out another project where I used black glaze here.

To make the glaze I poured some of the clear glaze into a container and then I drizzled black acrylic paint in while I was stirring until it all looked black and was evenly mixed together.

Working in small sections and using a paintbrush I brushed the glaze on to my hutch.

Then I took an old TShirt and wiped off the glaze. Don’t be nervous, it will leave behind just enough color!

I let everything dry completely and then I was ready to decorate! I used a combination of silvers, greens, and whites this year that complimented the blue paint.

I couldn't be happier with how this turned out! It's the first thing you notice when you enter through my kitchen door and I think it looks so welcoming.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Jennifer Howard| Cottage On Bunker Hill