Updating a Bathroom Floor With Tile Stickers

$200

These tile stickers from SnazzyDecal are a stylish, simple, and affordable solution to updating tile in your home.

I had started a refresh of my first floor bathroom. I had posted my inspiration and plan. I had painted the walls, added some bead board wallpaper along with new trim, and painted the cabinet. It was definitely an improvement, but still looked dated with the pink floor…until I found these amazing tile stickers.

These floors stickers are a beautiful, simple, and affordable solution to updating tile in your home. They are waterproof, scratch resistant, removable, and so easy to install.

I began by cleaning the floor really well. I repaired the cracked tile and then used  Polyblend Grout Renew to renew the grout before I began.

To apply the floor stickers, just fold back the backing paper about one inch. Line up the sticker on the tile so that it is straight. Using a ruler or straight edge, smooth it down as you go. I began by laying the whole tiles first, being mindful of the pattern. It went really quick. My daughter, Elisabeth, and I took turns laying the whole tiles.

For the awkward areas, I made a template for the tile stickers by tracing one of the backing papers with a pencil. Then, using a pair of scissors, just cut to fit. Another good option for straight cuts was to trace the tile square with a pencil, and then use an  X-Acto knife to cut to fit.

Within a couple of hours, this transformation was complete!

These pretty peel and stick tile stickers are a game changer. I love the look of these tiles and it was so easy to achieve, without the mess of painting or the cost of replacing. It would also be a perfect option for renters, who want to customize their space, since they are easily removable. 

If you want to read more about this project, as well as an update one year later, please visit My Family Thyme!

• Polyblend Grout Renew  (Amazon)
  • Tile Stickers  (Snazzy Decals Etsy Shop)
  • X-Acto knife  (Amazon)

Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Lynne

• Karen
    Karen

Can you place these on one piece vinyl flooring

• Lynne
      Lynne

I think it would depend on the style of the flooring. They are square stickers. There would be no place for grout lines so I am not sure how it would look. I hope this is helpful.

• Jodie
    Jodie

how is this holding up now?

• Adrienne
    Adrienne

Does the sticker cover the grout?

• Sue in wy
      Sue in wy

I'm guessing no, since she said she renewed the grout (why else do that?). I think the 'old' tile is covered with the sticker, but not the grout.

• Karen
    Karen

Thank you, stay safe

• Debra
    Debra

I would love to do this in my entrance hall, but I think there is too much foot traffic to hold up over a long period of time.

• Doreen
      Doreen

I believe you would need to use clear poly coat on it . At least 2-3 coats.